At Gas & Tyre we want to find the best possible tyre for you regardless of your job. That’s why we take a personalised approach for all tyre enquiries. Check out the blog below for general Quarry Tyre Information then give the team a ring to discover what we can do for you.
The range of tyres we choose to stock and specialise in are made to suit the difficult, rugged and unpredictable terrain conditions you encounter every day. We take pride in stocking tyres we know perform well on the ground and offer a long service life with minimal downtime.
Few things to consider when looking into new Quarry or Earthmoving tyres are:
- Tyre & rim size: all the tyre size information is found on the sidewall of the tyre. However, the rim size information is a little harder to find, sometimes the rim needs to be removed from the machine’s hub. It is vital that the rim size is within the recommendations for the new tyre size being fitted.
- Tread design: a great all-round tread is E-3/L-3, designed for a broad range of applications and surface conditions. E-4 is more aggressive and is ideal when your machine is operating in softer surfaces. L-4 is your loader or rigid dumper when it’s operating in more harsh conditions and gravel haul roads. Alternatively, an L-5 rock tread is for extreme hard surfaces, such as quarry faces etc.
- Load capacity: the size or weight of the loader and workload determines the weight requirements of the tyres. The higher the ply rating of the tyre the higher the weight carrying capacity of the tyre. A tyre’s ply rating is found on the sidewall. You also need to ensure the tyre is capable of the speed your machine will be doing with that amount of combined weight.
- Haul cycle: you need to ensure the tyres you’re fitting are capable of the distance your machine will be travelling between loads. If the tyre isn’t up to this they will experience heat buildup which can result in early tyre retirement because of casing failure and excessive tread wear.
To get the most out of your off the road (OTR) tyres it’s essential to keep up with maintenance. If you’re wanting to reduce expenses and increase the life of your tyres here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- Ensure correct inflation pressures at all times. Over inflated will lead to more punctures, premature and irregular tread wear. Underinflation will result in high fuel consumption, difficult maneuvering, premature and irregular tread wear and possible damage to the tyre casing.
- Tyre performance analysis. Periodic inspections will be great to catch deficiencies early on before it escalates. Inspections will identify possible deficiencies such as damaged or leaking valves, too low or too high inflation pressures and injuries that can be repaired before they ruin the tyre.
A little thought about your tyres will ultimately save your business money and increase its productivity. If this all sounds like something you want to know more about, please get in touch with any questions, we’re always happy to help out. We’re here to provide the best tyre products and service to each individual OTR customer.
Contact: Josh Boakes | Sales Manager & NZ OTR tyre specialist – 021 416 395 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gas & Tyre Head Office – 0800 788 288